Sunday, August 18, 2013

 
 
 
 

 
Day is done!
This photo holds a feel of nostalgia for me...a place I had visited long ago. Times change, people change and places change and I hold these images deep within my heart. My family used to vacation on a lake during the summer. I would look forward to seeing my summer friends and our wonderful moments held within that frame of time. We would sail, waterski, sit by the fire in the evening, exchange stories and laughter was like a second language. The first summer I met my new friends I was just a teen. We all grew up together on the lake. Our last summer together was when I was a junior in high school. I lost touch with my summer friends over time and often wonder who they became and do they do the same thing with their families...go to a lake for a summer vacation and spend time with their summer friends. Sometimes it feels good to "go back".  Such wonderful memories always stir my heart and bring comfort and joy to my inner being.
 
Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment