Friday, September 13, 2013

Folk Art Fish
Under two coats of paint behind this fish are the words, "keep it simple". I wanted to remind myself to "keep it simple" so I decided to paint the words on the kitchen wall...a visual reminder. I chose the font, made a stencil and painted the words on the wall. Simple...right. Well, I wasn't done yet. I kept looking and thinking that it looked too plain, too simple. So over the course of three days, I created those words using twelve different fonts, made the stencils and painted each one in different colors. Three days!!!!!!!!!!!! Once completed, I stepped back and critiqued my beautiful words..."keep it simple". I didn't like it...there was so much going on the original idea and message got lost in the busyness of it all. The next day I repainted the wall, hung the fish as a visual reminder to "keep it simple". The lesson...when you want to keep something simple..."keep it simple!"
Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment